As a Store Manager at Tesla you are a seasoned and charismatic retail leader, responsible for overseeing and driving sales and delivery operations at your location. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the overall management and sales execution, recruitment, training, and development of a dynamic store team. Your team will look to you to set the standard for open communication, active problem solving, and a positive work environment. We expect you to be 100% committed to the success of your team, and actively involve yourself in your team members’ growth and development. You are a hands-on coach with a strong business acumen. You seek constant improvement of performance and have a strong understanding of numbers and KPIs.
Your job comes with a high level of autonomy that enables you to creatively develop your operation which also entails a large responsibility of self-evaluation and constantly seeking excellence.
Business Performance and Development
- Ensure that the location Sales targets, KPIs, and Operational priorities are communicated to the team and subsequently met or exceeded, including but not limited to sales opportunity creation, test drive scheduling, new orders, pre-delivery readiness, maximum delivery yield, and customer satisfaction scores
- Drive business and maximize sales through excellent customer service, deep product knowledge, and superb product presentation and promotion
- Lead the planning, implementation and follow up of store events / sales networking activities
- Seek out, review, and analyze performance data to translate numbers and establish the best strategy/ action plans; communicate these regularly to the location staff
- Proactively discover new business opportunities and partner with the business sales leaders as needed to highlight any commercial opportunities that may arise
- Ensure that processes and best practices are well understood, implemented, and followed at your location
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to set up and facilitate delivery operations (Service and Operations teams, etc.)
- Drive continuous improvements to facilitate exceptional team output and customer service including designing innovative solutions to problems at your location
- Champion efficiency, productivity, quality, and overall excellence in all of your actions and decisions
- Take responsibility for implementing EHS and safety requirements in your location
- Manage facilities and closely follow up on dedicated costs and budgets (store supplies, location works, contractors, etc.)
- Maintain a strong overview of processes and resources
- Establish close cooperation with all business stakeholders, internally and externally
- Support the local team in the execution of their activities and other business needs
- Guide and coach employees towards providing a best in class customer experience at all times
- Ensure that the showroom is always presentable and that Tesla’s customer-facing standards are consistently met (Merchandising, Tesla uniform/ dress code, floor presence, proactive management of inbound activities)
- Demand flawless execution of all customer-facing events
- Provide support to the team in dealing with difficult customers conversations, ensuring that customer needs are understood and met
- Continuously follow up and analyze CSAT scores, and proactively take appropriate actions to improve it
- Interview and cooperate on recruitment activities with your recruitment partners in order to build a team of top talent and mentor the next generation of Tesla leaders
- Provide regular coaching, training, and feedback to your team members and maintain deep knowledge of your team’s strengths and opportunities
- Be responsible for leading change and inspiring your team every day(lead by example)
- Create and drive a structured and inclusive culture in your team
- In collaboration with your HR partner, assess your team’s performance and deal with underperformance and disciplinary issues quickly and efficiently
- Listen to your team – remove blockers and partner with your local teams to ensure you have the resources and tools necessary for your location’s success.
- Significant manager experience in retail sales and operations with proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets and goals.
- Strong experience in coaching and managing performance on a team and individual level
- In-depth knowledge of sales processes and ability to translate this in a manner that motivates your team to exceed targets
- Beyond taking ownership, be accountable for your own actions and responsibilities, you can create a culture where your team does the same
- Great understanding and experience in creating extraordinary customer journeys
- Entrepreneurial and analytical mindset with great understanding of the local market.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships and act as a well-respected, trusted partner and leader that others want to work with
- Confident in learning and adapting to multiple technologies.
- Passionate about the mission of Tesla
- Excellent communication skills in English and local language
- Valid driver’s license