- Full Time
Degree or Certificate from a University program in Automotive Technology or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate and serve as partner to academic institutions.
· Demonstrated ability to both teach and coach as a means to facilitate others’ learning.
· Teaching, people management, and Tesla Technician experience strongly preferred.
· Ability to work remotely, with little day-to-day supervision.
· Demonstrated ability to lead complex problem-solving activities and initiatives.
· Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication skills required.
· Strong automotive system repair knowledge and training experience.
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
· Ability to be proactive, flexible, confident, professional, self-motivated and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience with environmental and safety requirements a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated confidence and professionalism in working in a customer-facing role.
· Highly skilled with common workplace and database software (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Attention to detail a must.
· Must have a valid Driver’s License.