Tesla is seeking a highly motivated experienced Thermal Engineer for the Autopilot & Electronic Systems & Dojo teams to help develop best in class cooling solutions from silicon to vehicles to datacenters.
The role involves architecture, design, and validation of passive, active air-, and active-liquid cooling solutions for electronic systems, either for vehicle platforms or off-vehicle systems. The position also involves working closely with cross-functional teams at different scales (silicon to system) to scope and architect future platforms.
A deep understanding of the fundamentals of fluid flow and heat transfer and ability to breakdown complex engineering problems into simple pieces that can be tackled by fundamentals is a must.
Creative thinking, ability to solve complex and challenging problems, experience in thermal architecture are of paramount importance. This position involves working in a dynamic and fast-pace environment with tight timing and dynamic constraints.
- Degree in Thermal/Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience with proof of exceptional ability in design and architecture of thermal management systems
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and thermodynamics
- Minimum 10 years of industrial experience with evidence of exceptional performance
- Ability to lead small team of engineers
- Proficiency in numerical simulation of heat and fluid flow
- Experience in data centers is an asset
- Knowledge of semiconductor packaging and package-level thermal/mechanical considerations is an asset