We are looking for an engineer to test battery propagation resistance across all programs, including vehicle and energy storage. In this role, you would be responsible for the test end-to-end, from conception, through planning and execution, to results summary and associated decision-making. As a result, Tesla will be able to evaluate a broad set of options for cell supply and module architecture, while launching and optimizing products at a rapid pace.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- Experience with heat transfer and electrical fundamentals
- 2+ years’ experience in physically-applied engineering (lab, machine shop, hobby project…)
- Willingness to be hands-on (fabrication/modification, instrumentation, electrical troubleshooting, sample inspection, etc.)
- Experience with instrumentation / data acquisition
- Enjoys working in cross-functional groups and leading technicians
- Able to plan many concurrent activities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Statistical background a plus
- CAD experience a plus
- Programming experience in Matlab strongly preferred. SQL a plus.