The Battery is one of the most complex and challenging components designed and manufactured at Tesla. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Tesla’s world-class manufacturing facilities. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of an incredibly exciting product.
The Quality Engineer will lead mass production cell projects that impact cell quality, Tesla manufacturability, safety, cost, and field reliability while working in a cross-functional team throughout the entire product lifecycle and launch into manufacturing. You will guide design decisions, contribute to specification requirements and collaborate on cell material and process development projects. You will work closely with Design Engineering, Process, Equipment, and Production teams to take battery design changes and new battery designs from initial concept through prototype development and into full production.
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills, and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed, and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. He/She looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job and stepping up to lead whenever required.
· Experience transitioning products from prototype to production Experience
· introducing new equipment and new processes into a production environment
· Project management experience
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Experience creating various reports and database tools for management
· Ability to use technological tools and business system applications to manage, synthesize and interpret data
· Experience working with domestic/international vendors on technical projects S
· Structured problems solving methodologies (DMAIC, 8D, etc)
· Experience in automotive or high volume manufacturing is highly desired
· Programming (SQL, Python, MATLAB, R, etc.)
· Familiarity with lab material characterization techniques
· Data analysis and visualization software (Tableau, JMP, Minitab, etc.)
· Design software (Adobe Creative Suite, CATIA. SOLIDWORKS)