As a Product Manager for Tesla’s finance systems, you will have the opportunity to support the design and implementation of tools to support the end to end accounting processes across all Tesla products globally. This role includes evaluating requirements, creating requirements and design documents, and managing major systems changes from design through post-implementation support. Key factors for success will be demonstrating the ability to lead cross-functional team to execute a common goal.
· Define and deliver a product vision and strategy
· Define roadmap and customer scenarios
· Work with engineering, UX, and business stakeholders including finance to deliver business specific value
· Work with engineering team to deliver a scalable architecture that not just meets current needs, but considers future growth scenarios
· Define a set of KPIs to measure customer satisfaction and business impact with the ability to analyze them and utilize them in decision making processes
· Prioritize between existing versus new customers, and between features, architectural improvements and operational excellence
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, or equivalent in experience
· 3-5 years of experience in product management, product development and in shipping quality products that had customer impact with evidence of exceptional ability
· Experience having shipped customer facing products that delivered business impact and customer satisfaction.
· Passionate about working with other businesses and partners to solve their specific challenges while putting customer trust and experience first
· Deep understanding of accounting processes in one or more areas of accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, intercompany, foreign currency or general ledger.
· Comfortable with writing and understanding SQL queries and analyzing large sets of data
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to use data and metrics for making assumptions and decisions
· Ability to successfully work with cross range of teams including engineering, UX, legal, finance, sales and operations
· Good understanding and working experience in technology development best practices (such as, Agile, etc.) and product management technologies
· Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Experience presenting to senior executives