- Tesla is looking for a highly motivated process development engineer to create, develop and scale up manufacturing processes for our cutting-edge Tesla battery cell manufacturing line. This role will invent, develop, scale up and optimize battery manufacturing processes within a cross-functional engineering team responsible for the development lifecycle and launch into manufacturing. In this role, you will work closely with many organizations both internal and external to Tesla taking new battery designs from initial concept through into full production.
The battery cell is a critical component in Tesla vehicles and storage systems. This role will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to our products. The work environment is demanding, fast-paced and incredibly exciting. The ideal candidate should be ready to push their limits, as they join in highly motivated and capable team to make unbelievable things into reality.
- Either a BS with 6+ years’ relevant experience or an MS with 3+ years relevant experience in interdisciplinary/integrated engineering, process development, manufacturing engineering, or equivalent. Senior roles available for more experienced candidates
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and ability to apply them towards manufacturing process development
- Proven problem solver – demonstrated experience of data driven root cause analysis, statistical software (JMP) a plus
· Demonstrated capabilities in manufacturing process development for new and unique products
- Experience in high volume manufacturing involving one or more of these areas is highly desired:
- High volume slitting processes
- Roll to roll coating processes
- Automated mechanical assembly
- Power electronics
- Industrial chemical processing
- Battery manufacturing (li-ion or other chemistry)
- Industrial laser processing