- Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla’s incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Team, the Manufacturing Engineer, is primarily responsible for the design and deployment of Motor, Gearbox and Drive Unit Assembly manufacturing lines. The selected candidate assumes full ownership of the technical transfer of the line’s tools to Tesla Operations, qualifying them for use with the highest standards of safety, quality, and output. The team works closely with Tesla’s Product Design, Operations, Facilities, and Quality Engineering teams and coordinates cross-functional design activities with tool vendors to develop novel manufacturing equipment.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in technical project management and launch planning.
- Experience with SolidWorks or other 3D CAD software.
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD for 2D CAD and factory design.
- Understanding of automation systems, mechanical engineering, robotics, PLCs, data collection systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively achieve results with multiple vendors and internal and external customers.
- Strong hands-on experience with high-volume and pilot manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of data analysis, statistics, SPC.
- Experience introducing new product changes and processes into a production environment.
- Excellent communicator, both in presentations and written reports.
- Proven ability to work well with production personnel of all levels.
- Able to travel 20% of the time, both domestically and internationally.
- Experience programming fastening equipment (Atlas Copco or Bosch) a plus.
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world’s most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonuses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, free EV charging stations and public commuting support.