Tesla’s Austin, Texas based cell manufacturing engineering group is looking for a highly-motivated manufacturing engineer to accelerate our next generation battery cell manufacturing program. This role will be involved in the design, development, commissioning and ramping of high-speed automated equipment, while working in a cross-functional team to test, validate, and roll-out process and product design changes.
The battery cell is a critical component in Tesla vehicles and storage systems. This role will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to our products. The work environment is demanding, fast-paced and incredibly exciting. The ideal candidate should be ready to push their limits, as they join in highly motivated and capable team to make unbelieveable things into reality.
- Either a BS with 6+ years’ relevant experience or an MS with 3+ years relevant experience in interdisciplinary/integrated engineering, manufacturing engineering, or equivalent in a high volume manufacturing environment
- 3D CAD design experience in production equipment/fixtures design, creating/validating layouts, tooling drawings, pneumatic and electrical schematics
- Strong engineering foundations. Aptitude to learn
- Demonstrated experience ramping equipment into manufacturing – Pick-N-Place stations, automation assembly equipment, web handling, design of electromechanical systems, parts and material feeding, PLCs, motion controls, vision systems and data capture
- Demonstrated experienced solving complex electromechanical and software systems with limited documentation to debug issues, build process know-how, and kick off improvement projects
- Structured thinking and problem solving abilities. Proven through a number of root cause analysis following a data driven approach, statistical software (JMP) a plus
- Experience with robot programming, backup and restoration a plus
- Experience in automotive or high volume manufacturing is highly desired