Tesla’s System Software team provides the foundation on which the in-vehicle user experience is built. We build the software platform (kernel, bootchain, drivers, and lower level user-space platform services) for our innovative Infotainment hardware. This includes high resolution touch displays, high-definition audio, bluetooth/wifi/cellular connectivity, USB, cameras, all connected to high performance multi-core processors and GPUs. Our software is based on Linux, GNU toolchain, buildroot, and other open-source projects, delivering the security, capability, and performance demanded by our user experience. As part of this team, you would be focused on the video software subsystem and framework for existing and next generation infotainment products.
- Develop drivers, middleware and interfaces to user-space applications for the video subsystem and hardware.
- Drive architecture and execution for video software and hardware with cross-functional teams.
- Use existing available hardware in innovative ways to solve problems
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Write well structured, testable, efficient, and maintainable code
- Build and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Board bringup and hardware design validation
- 4+ years software/firmware development experience
- 2+ years experience w/Embedded Linux
- Excellent C/C++ coding skills
- Strong Linux kernel fundamentals
- Experience with video or graphics software systems (VAAPI, gstreamer, ffmpeg, OpenMAX, OpenGL, etc.)
- Experience with board /chip bringup
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Upstream contributions to Linux Kernel is a plus
- Contributions to involvement with open source projects is a plus
- Experience with RTOS or bare-metal embedded development is a plus
* * * * * * *