Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Tesla’s Power Electronics group is looking for a skilled and motivated electrical engineer to design and develop hardware intended to be used in our automotive and energy storage products.
- Bachelor or higher degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Understanding of power
electronics topologies (AC/DC, DC/DC & DC/AC).
- Good understanding of switching
waveforms, semi-conductor loss mechanisms and experience with loss modeling.
understanding of the theory and application of magnetics in inductors and
transformers for high frequency power conversion.
- Familiar with schematic capture
and power converter circuit simulation tools.
- Awareness of UL and CE electrical
safety requirements and EMC requirements relevant to the design of power
- Knowledge in environmental,
reliability, and safety requirements for Automotive, Industrial &
- Knowledge of basic control
theory and experience with embedded programming.
- Relevant hands-on hardware experience in power converter (AC/DC, DC/DC & DC/AC) design.
- Experience with high voltage power semiconductor selection (IGBTs, Si/SiC/GaN MOSFET’s, and Diodes), design of gate drive and analog/digital sensing circuits.
- Experience in supervision of PCB layout for minimal stray inductance and capacitance, placement strategies for better manufacturability, power/signal plane definition and EMC optimization.
- Proficiency with basic EE tools (Oscilloscopes, Network analyzers, Signal Generators etc.).