We seek a highly motivated hands-on automation engineer in Low Voltage Test Automation group, a team focused on creating robust, data-centric production testing equipment for Tesla’s low voltage PCBAs. This team develops automation using mechanical, electrical, software, and controls of reliable and cost-efficient capital equipment for suppliers around the world. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the team that creates highly automated systems to drive Tesla supplier’s testing efforts.
The ideal candidate takes pride in hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. They appreciate an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed, rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. The person must be a self-starter who looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job, and someone who is driven to collaborate with multiple engineering teams.
- 3+ years of experience in embedded systems, computer engineering or PCBA design
- Interested in and/or experience as a hands-on embedded engineer focused on PCBA testing
- Experience with writing, debugging, & deploying Python
- Experience commissioning test equipment, and root causing tester issues
- Experience working with and debugging common communication & debug protocols (JTAG, SWD, SPI, UART, CAN, LIN, I2C, Ethernet, etc.)
- Experience with digital and analog circuits design
- Knowledge of Linux & shell scripting / automation
- Ability to learn then apply new EE/SW knowledge
Nice to Have:
- Experience with RTOS programming using ARM microcontroller (C/C++)
- Exposure to connectivity (BTLE, WiFi, LTE, UWB) measurement techniques
- Exposure to data analytics and databases querying on the following: MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, or SQLite
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 5%