- Full Time
Tesla is looking for a Senior Counsel, Commercial (Energy Products), based in our Fremont, CA, Washington, D.C, or Austin, TX, offices to support the growth of our global business. Strong preference for Austin, TX, location.
Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, Commercial, you will focus on commercial matters with an emphasis on our global residential, commercial and industrial and utility-scale solar and energy storage businesses.
Our ideal candidate would have a big-firm background in (energy-focused) regulatory matters, project development, construction and finance deal work and be passionate about accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
This is a great opportunity for a pro-active and entrepreneurial lawyer to work at a fast growing and dynamic company.
- Excellent academic credentials, preferably with a J.D. from a top-ranked law school.
- A current licence to practice in one or more US jurisdictions.
- A minimum of 8 years’ practice experience at a well-regarded law firm or comparable in-house experience at a company in the energy industry strongly preferred.
- Experience structuring and negotiating all components of complex, financeable transactions in the energy space, with a preference for renewable energy experience.
- A team player with the ability to proactively identify problems, drive projects forward, make complex cost/benefit assessments, and identify pragmatic/creative legal and business solutions.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively and to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- A quick and flexible learner, intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and risk, and excited by dynamic change.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly earn the confidence of your colleagues and effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
- High standards, impeccable integrity and ethics, unquestionable good judgment, well-honed analytical skills, superior oral and written communications skills, and a keen sense of humour.