The Senior Controls Engineer, Paint will be responsible for troubleshooting and programming conveyor systems, equipment, and process/equipment monitoring systems within our Paint Shop. In addition, will collaborate with the maintenance team to fix and improve equipment failures.
· Overall responsibility for all controls and electrical related activities in the shop, Leading and assisting production in all controls related topics and issues.
· Support and assist Controls Engineers and maintenance team with performing challenging projects, troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
· Responsible for implementing and managing continuous process optimization including the addition of advanced and conventional technologies to improve quality, productivity and reduce overall waste.
· Develop & maintain proper documentation of all electrical equipment and associated procedures, making updates as required by modifications
· Responsibility for designing, selecting, managing, programming, and commissioning of automation and equipment used to improve the existing systems.
· Identify weak areas of the production systems using root cause analysis and first principles thinking, and implement effective countermeasures using all available means.
· Implement and maintain quality control methods including pokeyokes, data tracking systems, part recognition and problem reporting.
· Optimization and improvement of human machine interfaces, and SCADA systems and MES interfaces.
· Creation and improvements of equipment safety standards, and the implementation of those standards into the manufacturing equipment, including periodic checks and qualification inspections.
· Understand and program using several different programming styles, including ladder logic, structured text.
· Managing the network and hardware IT infrastructure
· BS in Electrical, Mechatronics, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
· 6+ years of professional controls engineering experience.
· 6+ years of advanced PLC programming knowledge on, Siemens (preferred), Rockwell or equivalent PLCs in a professional environment.
· Understanding of databases and various program languages (Java, Python, Oracle, SQL).
· Strong background of electrical cabinets and electrical troubleshooting.
· Strong background of Variable Frequency Drives preferably SIEMENS VFDs.
· HMI programming experience – Ignition and WinCC
· Proven project management experience.
· Proficient in EPLAN or AutoCAD Electrical as well as working with electrical diagrams and prints.
· Flexibility in working weekends and night shift as required.