The Service Installer is an essential part of Tesla’s Field Energy Operations team. Employees working in this role are leading the drive towards completing Tesla’s mission—to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. As a Service Installer, each employee is working with the latest solar technology, building relationships with team members, and completing the installation of our products safely and on time.
Tesla’s ideal candidate will have a passion for learning basic energy system construction, terminology, and concepts. This position is an hourly role that requires working outside in extreme environments, working at heights, and prolonged periods of repetitious duties including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods.
· Supporting the Crew Lead and Electrician on the successful maintenance of Tesla’s solar products.
· Attending weekly team meetings and mandatory training sessions on new products, best installation and maintenance practices, and standard workmanship guidelines.
· Pull inventory and ensure all materials are available to complete the job.
· Work cooperatively with a team on residential re-roofs and installing Solar Roof.
· Following building standards and codes when installing panels and support structures.
· Managing time and tasks effectively with a sense of urgency while providing an exceptional customer experience to all customers.
· Ability to safely handle power tools, hand tools, ladders, roofing materials along with inverters, solar panels, panel boards, batteries, and other similar electrical equipment.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Excellent attendance is essential for the team to achieve success.
· Travel is mandatory and will vary dependent on business needs. Employees must be able to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time, several times a year to various locations within the US.
· Experience in roof work (including metal, concrete tile, clay tile, comp, shingle, or wood shake), HVAC, metal fabrication, general construction or carpentry preferred but not required.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Vocational or technical school training preferred.
· Must be able to work at great heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders, and stairs
· Must be able to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attic etc.)
· Prolonged periods of repetitious duties including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods
· Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently
· Must meet all OSHA standards for working at heights including:
· Ability to climb and utilize equipment on site including various ladders rated for a maximum capacity of 325lbs.
· Must be able to meet equipment standards for fall protection (harness, anchor, ropes, etc.) with a maximum capacity of 310bs.
As a full time, Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
· Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
· 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
· Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
· Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
· 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
· Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holiday
· Back-up childcare and employee discounts