- Full Time
The Firmware Systems Architecture team is growing and we are looking to hire a software validation engineer to take ownership of our new test infrastructure. We have designed the next generation communication architecture for Cybertruck (and all future vehicles) and we need someone to design and develop a framework to enable us to validate it.
Our next vehicle platform is built on an ethernet backbone. This is a step change in our vehicle design and contains many new exciting capabilities. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and driven engineer to take ownership of the validation stack, testing the software and hardware integration in simulation to push this system to its limits! You will be responsible for understanding the system architecture and developing a software validation infrastructure that integrates into our CI pipeline. Your design will enable automated testing that will confirm system functionality, inject various faults, and confirm the robustness of the architecture. Additionally, you will work closely with the rest of the architecture team, to make data driven decisions on our next generation products.
The Firmware Systems Architecture team is responsible for designing how firmware can fit into the vehicle. We’re involved at the beginning of the discussion on any new product/feature/component/vehicle working across various organizations to figure out where to put compute, comms, power, sensors, actuators, etc. We are a small team with a big impact. If you’re interested in getting your hands on everything in the vehicle, this is a great opportunity to work on how it all connects together.
- 2-5+ years of relevant experience in embedded development or test automation.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent proficiency in Python, C (in that order)
- Experience with communication technologies (CAN, Ethernet)
- Knowledge of version control (Git) and continuous integration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with the team.
- Knowledge and experience with automation and build tools is a plus (Jenkins, Docker, SCons).
- Previous experience in auto-industry or validating highly complex and asynchronous embedded systems is a plus.
- Ability to read and review electronic circuit schematic is a plus.