Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2023 and continue through the entire Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into early Summer 2023 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their manager, mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success. You’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the team
At Tesla, Service Engineering exists uniquely at the intersection of firmware/hardware design, service, diagnostics, manufacturing, quality, and reliability. Service Engineering multiplies efforts of service in the areas of diagnostics, repairs, and maintenance, while simultaneously reducing the need for each. Our mission is to ensure that customers’ vehicles are diagnosed accurately, reliably, and as quickly as possible with the feedback mechanisms to enable continuous improvement of diagnostics. Our vision is to have a diagnostic strategy and software that ensures our vehicles do not have to come to service for diagnosis.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated ability with SQL and comprehension of complex relational database schemas
- Experience with backend languages, libraries, and frameworks (e.g. Python, Golang, Django, Flask)
- Previous experience with Rest APIs and building them from scratch
- Attention to Detail
- Proven ability to work across the stack in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- A passion for sustainable energy