- Tesla is seeking a motivated and driven Software Engineer to help build web-based software from the ground up that enables the next generation of factory design applications for pre-production programs. These tools will push the boundaries of layout planning capabilities and help drive executive decision making for Gigafactory layouts. This role is based in Austin, TX.
The ideal candidate will understand full stack web application development but have a passion for best-in-class front end design. The tools they will build will contribute to a step change in factory planning for Tesla. They will be able to project manage in a demanding and fast-paced environment where they will work as part of a strong, agile, and highly motivated team to accomplish some of the most ambitious projects being attempted in any industry today.
The team is responsible for delivering factory layouts and material/people flow designs that solve high-volume production. We optimize for the factory system by working closely with manufacturing and construction teams to drive systems thinking that achieves all of Tesla’s factory objectives.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years software engineering experience.
- Implementations with WebGL, Three.js, Vue.js, Verge3D, or similar
- Understanding of Kubernetes deployment
- Experience leading innovative solutions to systems-level problems
- Agile software development work experience
- Comfortable navigating ambiguous problems
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight
Nice to haves:
- Experience working on analyzing manufacturing layout designs
- Experience working with vehicle routing problems
- Experience writing Dynamo scripts for Revit
- Experience developing in Unity/Unreal Game Engine