Tesla Energy is looking for a motivated Firmware Integration Engineer to bring the next generation of home and commercial charging products to the market. The successful applicant will join a team of knowledgeable engineers and have an opportunity to solve challenging problems in the energy products space. Expert firmware integration to the system and production line is critical for the delivery of high-quality Tesla products to its customers. The engineer will collaborate closely with hardware, manufacturing, and service engineering to design firmware and automation solutions for an awesome customer and production experience. The candidate will show outstanding technical and organizational skills and be passionate about bringing sustainable energy to the world. High level collaboration and communication skills are highly sought after.
- BS or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or proof of exceptional skills in related fields, with practical engineering experience.
- Experience shipping code, receiving feedback and being relentless ensuring customer experience is positive. Experience documenting firmware design and authoring specifications.
- Shows a keen understanding of physics and follows first principles in design and development. Familiar with electrical test tools like scopes, network analyzers, power supplies, loads.
- Excellent communication skills, say something when you don’t know, be available to other team members when questions arise.
- Capable of delivering top quality C code in a real time embedded environment.
- Experience writing Python scripts.
- Remain engaged, proactive, and positive in tough circumstances/challenging problems.
- Own assignments and take accountability for overall team success.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts.