As a Software Engineer within the Tesla Bot team, you will have the opportunity to apply your technical skills to a variety of system components & foundational code targeting object manipulation with the Humanoid robot. The nature of the role means that the code you will write, debug, and maintain will almost always connect with a variety of other components. You will be building robust code foundations for the team to write their applications on top of and evangelize best software practices for the better of Humanoid robot. You will be developing system tools to benchmark, characterize and optimize the latency and throughput of the autonomy workloads. You will write tests and integrate with our evaluation pipeline to ensure the system and functional stability of our stack. Most importantly, you will see your work repeatedly shipped to and utilized by thousands of Humanoid Robots in real world applications.
- Experience programming C/C++ software, including modern C/C++ (C++14/17/20)
- Experience with performant software design, object-oriented C++, compiler design and/or hardcore lower-level C code a plus but preferred.
- Proficient developing software on a Linux host, for embedded Linux targets (cross-compilation, etc.) a plus
- Experience with at least one of the following preferred: distributed computing, rendering, SIMD, multithreading, & Linux system software (posix etc.).
Nice To Haves:
- Experience or familiarity with Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics, & Geometry related software concepts a plus