At Tesla, Service Engineering exists uniquely at the intersection of firmware/hardware design, service, diagnostics, manufacturing, quality, and reliability. Service Engineering multiplies efforts of service in the areas of diagnostics, repairs, and maintenance, while simultaneously reducing the need for each. Our mission is to ensure that customer’s vehicle is diagnosed accurately, reliably and as quickly as possible with the feedback mechanisms to enable continuous improvement of diagnostics. Our vision is to have a diagnostic strategy and software that ensures our vehicles do not have to come to service for diagnosis.
As a Software Engineer working on automated diagnostics, you will be responsible for specifying, building, and maintaining the next generation of automated diagnostic tooling for our vehicles. A focus on usability, accuracy and error-free performance is critical. You’ll be part of one of our multidisciplinary product teams, where you will build back-end systems, improve observability and reliability of our applications, and work closely with stakeholders to simplify diagnostic processes.
- Design and maintain automated diagnostic processes and tools
- Improve diagnostic simplicity while achieving regulatory compliance and building proactive diagnostic systems
- Participate in architectural improvements to support our growing user base
- 3+ years of backend software development experience
- Experience with high-level programming languages like Python, Ruby, Java, Go or similar