The Site Surveyor will be part of Tesla’s Energy team. As an integral member of the team, the ideal candidate will work cooperatively with other team members to successfully complete site surveys to support the installation of residential photovoltaic solar systems, battery storage, and EV wall connectors safely and on time. The ideal candidate will be skilled, motivated, willing to learn, and reliable. It is often required for Surveyors to assist with Installation and/or other Tesla departments when available, including but not limited to: installing Solar Roof and/or PV, supporting warehouse order fulfillment, support scheduling densification and customer needs, etc.
- Assess job site conditions upon arrival.
- Measure roof planes, vents, dormers, and chimneys
- Measure and access attic structure and condition
- Capture shade reading
- Draw, document, and photograph roofs, Attic and Site
- Upload site assessment documentation into cloud storage with company software
- Perform other tasks and duties as required
- Experience in roof work, general construction, or carpentry preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to safely handle power tools and hand tools as well as materials such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards, batteries, and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
- Excellent customer service and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills preferred
- Excellent attendance is essential for the team to achieve success
- Assist with Installation and/or other departments when available
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Must be able to work at great heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders, and stairs
- Must be able to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attics etc.)
- Prolonged periods of repetitious duties including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently