The Recycling Manager
will be responsible for developing, optimizing, and sustaining the programs
supporting all non-regulated waste streams at Giga Texas. The position is
responsible for the entire recycling and waste value-chain from waste generation,
collection, sortation, processing, and shipping to end-use destination.
The Recycling Manager leads a team of material handlers,
process technicians, equipment operators, drivers, and supervisors to collect,
process and ship thousands of tons of recycling each month. There are three
primary recycling and waste streams. 1. Production scrap related to the
automotive manufacturing process, primarily metals and other electric vehicle
components. 2. Packaging recyclables—carboard, pallets, scrap wood, crates and
plastic packaging materials left after part consumption. 3. People
waste—recycling, compost and landfill waste streams generating from people
Through internal partnerships and external vendor
management, they will be expected to evolve waste programs that will maximize
landfill diversion and revenue. They will proliferate best practices through
standardization across multiple business units. The ideal candidate excels at
creating and sustaining recycling operations and management in an environment
with competing priorities, multiple stakeholders, and frequent changes in
operating assumptions. The candidate will improve existing programs and create
new recycling programs, all the while adapting to business needs.
- 10 years or more of prior recycling, waste management, warehousing,
logistics, and/or recycling commodities sales.
- 3 years or more of leadership and management positions.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Budgetary planning and adherence experience; P&L management
- A commitment to excellence and quality work.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient computers skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- An owner’s mindset, strong work ethic, proven
follow-through, and bias for action.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly
changing priorities and demands.
- Availability to work weekends/nights as needed to order to
meet schedule demand.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, stooping, climbing,
prolonged standing, prolonged walking, and prolonged sitting.
- Ability to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is
required in certain areas.