Our Tesla Service Technicians are members of the largest technician team on the planet, working together in pursuit of our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Joining Tesla, means being a part of a team of the most talented Technicians and Engineers on the planet, working on cutting edge automotive technology and on the most advanced cars in production today.
Our Technicians are the heart of every service location and we rely on their expertise in process improvement and in the delivery of the best service and products to our customers. We want you to elevate your professional growth through a combination of programs and on the job training, accelerating your career and unlocking your potential. With a global presence, we want to support your growth and career wherever life may take you. Our expectation is that you bring your full self to work each day, deliver high quality product, provide exceptional customer service, and help support our mission.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is based on a variety of factors including but not limited to work experience, skills, certifications, etc.
Full-time Employee Benefits As a full-time Tesla employee, you will receive:
· Full benefits from day 1 for you and your eligible dependents
· Extended Health Insurance (including osteopath, psychologist, and acupuncturist)
· Vision & Dental Insurance
· Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
· Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
· Employee Assistance Program, Sick and Vacation time (Flex Time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
· Back-up childcare and employee discounts
· High School Diploma or Associate Degree/Certificate, or work experience in a related technology space (aeronautics, engines, electrical, ships, etc.)
· Automotive Service Technicians License, or desire to become Technician Apprentice through provincial schooling (Canada only)
· Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and processes, and adapt to change
· Ability to innovate, solve complex issues, and present new ideas
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions with attention to detail
· Proven ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
· Section 609 Refrigerant handling certification preferred
· Experience working in a team-based environment and achieving common goals
· Evidence of a “safety first” attitude
· Basic command of the English or French (Canada Only) language
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Basic computer skills, including navigating web browsers and standard applications like Excel and Word.
· Valid driver’s license in the country (State for US) in which you are applying with a clean driving history