At Tesla, our Service Managers are the front-line leaders of our Service operation. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering an exceptional service experience to our customers, developing team members, managing day-to-day operations, and ensure Tesla Service meets the needs of our customers as well as our employees. We hire leaders who want to run a service business and be a part of our critical mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
Our Service Managers consistently deliver excellent results across all aspects of the business; customer satisfaction; people leadership; operations; and financials. To succeed at Tesla, you must be energetic, highly organized, and smart working as well as having a passion for true leadership and our brand.
- People: Our Service Managers are people developers, thus should possess the ability to inspire! We expect you to be 100% committed to the success of your team, and actively involve yourself in your team members’ growth and development. Your team will look to you to set the standard for open communication, active problem solving, and a positive work environment. We will look to you, and your ability to coach and teach, to build a team of top talent and mentor the next generation of Tesla leaders. Our Service Managers are the coaches of their teams – you must provide regular coaching and feedback, and have a deep knowledge of your team’s strengths and opportunities. You will have Supervisors reporting to you that are early in their people management careers, and you will act as a coach and a mentor to grow and develop them to be successful in their roles. You will be responsible for leading change and inspiring your team every day.
- Customer focused: Our customers are changing the world, and it is your responsibility to exceed their expectations of what a service experience should be. We expect you to exude energy and enthusiasm not only by going above and beyond for our existing customers, but also when engaging with new customers. You will actively monitor customer service trends to make necessary improvements, and assist the team in developing appropriate standards and processes to continuously elevate the overall service experience. The ideal candidate is solution oriented, demonstrating a high ability to identify root cause of problems and develop solutions when faced with adversity.
- Operational excellence: As a Service Manager, you must understand and own every aspect of your service center’s performance. You will be responsible for driving continuous improvements to facilitate exceptional team output and customer service by partnering closely with other teams on strategic execution and vehicle readiness. We expect you to champion safety, efficiency, quality, and overall excellence in all of your actions and decisions. You may also be involved with business expansion, opening and managing new service centers as the business requires, working closely with the Area or Country Manager.
- Financials: Service Managers are expected to understand our business, know their numbers and lead the center’s daily operations to achieve specific goals in quality, productivity, customer satisfaction and profitability.
Our Service Managers act in the best interest of Tesla by demonstrating sound judgment. You must have a passion for our mission, our people, and our customers. Technical acumen is required – you must develop a knowledge of all Tesla products, as well as Service systems, processes, and procedures. You will have to develop a deep understanding of the operations and challenges of your Service Center so that you can support and inspire your team in their day- to- day work. Attitude and approach is everything.
- Be a leader and a team-player.
- Take ownership, and create a culture of trust and accountability.
- Love to change the status quo and work well in high-pressure situations. Exceptional prioritization and time management skills are essential for success.
- Be strategic and proactive. You must think and plan ahead to give your team the tools they need to be successful.
- You have a strong technical aptitude, and a great interest to acquire in- depth knowledge about every role and process in your Service Center. Our Service Managers lead by example, and have a deep understanding of everything moving on the shop floor.
- Be self-aware, flexible and open-minded.
- Possess a rare combination of mental agility, analytical thinking, hands-on problem solving, and a customer-service mindset.
- Be an advocate for your team and your customers. Your success depends on theirs.
- Ensure a safe working environment for both employees and customers, taking responsibility for EHS and safety training within the Service Centre
- Experience of working within the automotive industry is preferable, but not a must.
- Proven background as an exceptional people leader.
- Performs well in an agile, fast-paced environment where things can change very quickly.
- Proven experience of working within a business at both strategic and operational levels.
- An understanding of local legal employment rights and processes is desirable.
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing/fluctuating targets and business needs.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with other business areas, stakeholder management.
- Strong drive to motivate a team, to engage, develop and facilitate others to achieve and succeed.
- Perform, think and lead well under pressure.
- A calm, considered approach with exceptional communication skills.
- Digitally savvy – ability to adopt and adapt quickly to new technology and systems.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Able to communicate, read, and write effectively in English and Spanish.
- Must have and continue to maintain a valid driving license and safe driving record.