- Full Time
Tesla is looking for a talented Thermal Engineer to join the Autopilot-Dojo team in Palo Alto, CA. The Dojo team is responsible for the design, production, and deployment of the Tesla AI training supercomputer. The team is seeking a thermal engineer to help design, build, and validate state-of-the-art cooling systems from chip to datacenter level. This position is a full time, on-site, role.
The role involves design and validation of air and liquid cooling solutions. The position requires working closely with cross-functional teams at different scales (chip to system to infrastructure), as well as external suppliers. An ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of heat transfer and fluid mechanics, and hands-on experience in applying these concepts to solve complex engineering challenges in a fast paced collaborative environment.
- Degree in Thermal/Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of industrial experience in thermal engineering with evidence of exceptional performance in IT thermal management
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and thermodynamics
- Proficiency in numerical simulation of heat and fluid flow and fluent using related software
- Hands-on experience in thermal testing and data analysis
- Working knowledge of liquid cooling system design and validation
- Working knowledge of CAD software
- Working knowledge of thermal control and monitoring (such as policy, algorithm development, test and characterization of actively controlled components and sensors)
- Familiarity with semiconductor packaging and its thermal/mechanical considerations
- Familiarity with datacenter cooling systems
- Familiarity with mechanical and structural design
- Strong teamwork, communication, and presentation skills