Compute is the most important driver in accelerating the maturation of AI enabled products. Today, Tesla is at the forefront of creating meaningful real world products using AI – starting with Full Self Driving. We, on Tesla’s Supercomputing team, design, build and run some of the world’s largest GPU clusters (Top 3 of the TOP500) that enable our AI teams to build better products faster. We are an extremely small team and the work of every member carries an immense amount of weight. Software Engineers on the Supercomputing team multiply our throughput through tools and APIs that remove toil, increase reliability and allow us to make Supercomputing a first class cloud product.
- 3-5 years of experience as a software engineer
- Expert level knowledge of either Go or Python
- Strong understanding of Linux
- Ownership, execution and a strong curiosity
These are nice to haves:
- Experience working with large scale production GPU clusters
- You are not required to have a background in deep learning but it’s definitely a plus.
- Experience with workload managers or schedulers (k8s, SLURM, etc.)
- Experience in building secure multi-tenant cloud environments