Tesla is seeking a Software Engineer to contribute to the development of automated software testing, automated CI/CD pipelines, and the expansion of health metrics and monitoring systems for fleets of manufacturing equipment. This position is open to senior through staff engineering levels available in the Bay Area, Reno, or Tahoe.
You must have a genuine passion for engineering products that will fundamentally change the world’s energy infrastructure, and thrive working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Integrate with test software team to form robust systems that maintain maximum up time in a production environment.
- Develop large-distributed software systems to control automated equipment and collect critical production data.
- Drive software and system validation process improvements that enable progressively increased team efficiency.
- Participate in engineering problem solving to address issues with systems being delivered.
- Create tooling to assist engineering, manufacturing, and quality colleagues.
- BS or higher in CS, EE or proof of exceptional skills in related field, with practical software engineering experience.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience with Python, Golang, and/or C, C++
- Fluent in software fundamentals including software design, algorithm development, data structures, code modularity and maintainability.
Along with competitive pay, this position is eligible for benefits including:
- As a full-time Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your eligible dependents
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans (including infertility and transgender coverage)
- 2 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Medical Plan with HSA
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k) match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Sick and Vacation time (Flex Time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
- Voluntary plans such as critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, and pet insurance
- Voluntary Identity Theft and Legal Services plans
- Adoption and surrogacy benefits