Tesla is seeking a highly motivated Production Process Engineer to contribute to the process improvement and management of new assembly lines for our advanced cell manufacturing equipment for our cutting-edge Tesla Energy Batteries. The Battery is one of the most complex and challenging components designed and manufactured at Tesla. This is an exciting opportunity to build a world-class manufacturing facility from the ground up. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of incredibly exciting products. The Production Process Engineer will also work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire lifecycle of the product and processes. He/She will work closely with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing), Quality and production teams to bring the new product from initial design, through prototype development and finally into full production.
- BS/MS engineering, mathematics, or physical science (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience as a process engineer (process development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, constraint analysis, flow optimization
- Preferred knowledge of MySQL, Python, R, JMP, Minitab, Tableau, and Ignition software
- Capable of identifying critical process parameters and applying statistics to process measurement and control
- Proven understanding of BOMs, manufacturability, process design, process validation, assembly methods, design reviews, and cost reduction methodologies
- Preferred Data collection and analysis experience in a high volume automated manufacturing environment
- Experience with ergonomic process design, part variation control, and human factors effects on product