Tesla is seeking a highly motivated Equipment Engineer to contribute to the development and improvement of new automation equipment and assembly lines for our advanced cell manufacturing equipment for our cutting-edge Tesla Energy Batteries.
The Battery is one of the most complex and challenging components designed and manufactured at Tesla. This is an exciting opportunity to build a world-class manufacturing facility from the ground up. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of incredibly exciting products.
The Equipment Engineer Engineer will also work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire lifecycle of the product and processes. He/She will work closely with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing), Quality and Process teams to bring the new product from initial design, through prototype development and finally into full production.
- BS/MS Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer working on automation and/or solving electromechanical systems and software systems
- Demonstrated experience ramping equipment into manufacturing – automation equipment, web handling, design of electromechanical systems, PLCs, motion controls, and data capture
- Proficiency in designing mechanical equipment, fixture and tooling in CAD (SolidWorks, Catia is a plus)
- Demonstrate experience in creating/validating layouts, tooling drawings, Pneumatic and electrical schematics
- Preferred experience with robot programming and Vision systems (Cognex, Keyence, Wintriss etc)
- Preferred experience with semi-automated / automated manufacturing equipment in a high volume manufacturing environment