- The Senior Process Engineer has deep technical experience and contributes to a variety of existing and future power train technologies and product lines across the company. The candidate may be called on to solve any number of complex technical issues, whilst applying fundamental Engineering principles.
The candidate interacts with local and global Tesla technicians and engineers to develop, implement, and improve refurbishment processes, equipment, and procedures, and help integrate lessons learned into new products whilst leading a small group of technicians and Engineers.
He/She interacts with design, manufacture, test, and quality groups to identify the root cause of in-house and field failure issues, resolve problems, improve re-manufacturability, and implement continual improvements.
Interact with field service engineers to identify and resolve new issues.
The candidate has a good understanding of the bigger picture of the global service operation and gives direction to part of the local Engineering team in order to support prioritize their work.
The goal is to minimize remanufacturing costs, while optimizing quality and yield. The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills, technical leadership skills and attention to detail.
- Either a BS or MS or equivalent in experience with 3+ years’ relevant experience
- Experience managing or technically mentoring other engineers and/or technicians
- Hands-on skills with hardware, tools, instruments, general electromechanical systems, measurement techniques
- Structured thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Proven through a number of root cause analysis’s following a data-driven approach,
- Knowledge of statistical software a plus (JMP, Minitab, Tableau)
- Experience with SQL, scripting, creating various reports, and utilization of database tools
- Experience in automotive or low volume / high mix manufacturing is highly desired
- Demonstrated knowledge in Power Train technology is highly desired
- Strong understanding of EV battery architecture / remanufacturing / functional failures best practices and development of error proofing solutions.
- Deep understanding of formulating Test requirements
- Knowledgeable about production quality metrics
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced moving operational environment in where swift priority’s shifts are common
- Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with team and peers within an engineering organization. This includes excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and email
- This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other duties within the Team may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work. Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organizational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the post holder.