- Full Time
This position works with cell engineering team to support 4680 battery development programs as we transfer leanings in a smaller scale to Tesla’s scalability goals. A successful candidate will have proven communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to juggle competing priorities while delivering results. This individual will work closely with members of the R&D, process development and manufacturing teams to support/resolve ongoing manufacturing challenges by prompt result delivery with effective knowledge transfer.
Tesla relies on data to improve our products, to optimize results, and to proactively detect opportunities for advancement. As a Senior Process Engineer, you will be part of the team that solves issues that affect battery performance, quality with battery’s different components and electrode process-ability and scale-ability by using data and reporting metrics to identify potential problems in the production, investigate discrepancies, and initiate repair actions when needed. An ideal candidate is knowledgeable at powder mixing, electrode processing, battery process, data analytics, data visualization, reporting and is naturally motivated to seek out and fix problems in a methodical way.
- 3+ years of process engineering, analytics, and data management experience or equivalent higher degrees. Exceptional analytical skills with regards to systems analysis, data manipulation, and the ability to create information from data.
- Relevant experience in powder or slurry mixing or thin film calendering process optimization would be a ‘plus’, but not a ‘must’
- Powder rheology, film peel or pull test, PSA, BET, powder/film conductivity, SEM
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or relevant Engineering degrees.
- The ability to effectively communicate concepts and strategies to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficient in JMP or similar data handling software
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite (Office, Excel, Power Point, MS Project, Visio)
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizing tasks based on demand despite changes in work scope or focus.
- Open-minded, collaborative, and team-oriented attitude with the ability to think outside the box for solutions to complex challenges
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management skills.
- Able to effectively engage and influence key stakeholders and peers
- Capacity to work independently and simultaneously handle a variety of complex matters under deadline pressure