Reporting to the Sr. EHS Manager, the Senior EHS Specialist for Automotive Sales, Delivery & Service (SSD) Operations is responsible for influencing operations excellence, managing regulatory compliance, and driving overall risk reduction. This position is aimed at driving EHS excellence throughout the Automotive SSD operations in Thailand. This position will ensure world class process standards are met and sustained across Automotive SSD operations in this market. The position will interface with both country and regional automotive SSD operations leadership, front-line operations staff as well as other related teams within Tesla and will drive and support continuous improvement across Automotive SSD operations in Thailand. This position will develop a strategy to implement and drive EHS policies, programs and procedures implementation all through Automotive SSD operations with a balance between strategic and tactical considerations.
- Holding a valid Safety officer, professional level certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or Industrial Hygiene. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years experience including minimum 3 years of experience in high tech industry or similar environment. Prior experience working with electric vehicles, charging products or infrastructure, vehicle delivery or service operations preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills. Fluency in Thai and English languages is a must.
- Superior knowledge of Thailand Occupational Health and safety Act and related regulations
- Related Certifications such as NEBOSH and Knowledge in ISO system preferred.
- Practical, hands-on experience with the following: Electrical / high voltage safety, Supporting operations across multiple sites, Workplace inspections, process safety reviews, risk assessments, root cause analysis methodologies
- Experience with employee training and education activities.
- Able to influence and communicate effectively with management, EHS leaders, regulators, project management staff and 3rd party clients and suppliers.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and self-directed.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
- Proficiency with standard business software, including word processing, presentations, spreadsheets and email communication.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%.