Tesla is seeking an Analyst to join its Regulatory Credit Trading team to originate, negotiate, and execute transactions within European renewable fuel, renewable energy, and carbon markets. The scope for this position spans all major European markets and the preferred location for this position is in Tesla’s office in either Amsterdam, Berlin or London.
The Analyst will be expected to lead commercial negotiations, develop fundamental models of industry trends, interface with policymakers and regulators, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders. The role is highly dynamic, and growth opportunities include global policy engagement, complex deal negotiation, and strategic partnership development.
Applicants must have a passion for Tesla’s mission to advance the world’s transition to sustainable energy, and successful candidates will be extremely
detail-oriented, analytical, and effective communicators. Previous work
experience in investment banking, consulting, private equity, energy/environmental policy, or equity research is highly preferred.
- Proficient in German and English. Additional language skills a plus
- Evidence of exceptional ability in a professional capacity with at
least five years of job specific experience, including at least three years in a commercial and/or trading role
- Knowledge of transportation and energy issues impacting global and European markets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Business, Finance and/or Engineering
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements, analyst reports, regulations, and technical documents
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent analytical skills (e.g. Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint, financial modeling, etc.)
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to synthesize complex topics into understandable points, particularly with senior business leaders and external stakeholders
- Highly collaborative, team oriented, and comfortable leading cross-functional projects
- Creative thinking with the ability to solve problems with limited information
- Sense of humor and comfort with ambiguous environments