About Tesla and Tesla Energy’s Mission
In 2016 Elon released: The Master Plan, Part Deux. In this plan he highlighted the need to Integrate Energy Generation and Storage by creating stunning solar roofs with seamlessly integrated battery storage. Tesla Energy’s Installation team is in the operations arm of the business. The team installs high-quality energy products (Solar Roof, Retrofit Solar, Powerwall) across the United States. To achieve this, we use a combination of direct labor and sub-contractors and partner with certified installers and new home builders.
About Tesla Energy Quality
The Quality Department’s core purposes are to ensure that the services we provide and the products we install meet the design intent so that people will love them and to reduce organizational spend by identifying and reducing inefficiencies caused by operations errors and product defects. We react to issues by containing, identifying root cause, and determining corrective actions to prevent recurrence while proactively identifying and mitigating risks to improve capability and capacity of operations through new methods, tools, or material.
Tesla Energy’s Installation Quality department supports the installation of residential energy products through the continual improvement of process and product quality and the systems that surround them. A successful candidate for this team must be a problem-solver at their core, have a strong quality and customer-focused mindset, and have the personal drive and stamina for relentless, continual improvement, both personally and professionally.
About Installation Quality Operations
The Installation Quality Operations team partners closely with the Regional Installation teams. Tesla Energy currently installs out of 53 warehouses across 12 regions in the USA. The Quality Ops team’s organization structure closely reflects this regional structure with Installation Quality Specialists located in most warehouses and reporting up to Regional Quality Managers. The Installation Quality Operations core purpose is to audit the installations of residential energy products and drive high quality installs at a regional level. The team is also responsible for rapidly communicating emerging and trending quality issues.
Essential Skills – Job Specific
- Experience and hands-on knowledge in manufacturing, installation or construction.
- Technical understanding of solar systems and energy storage systems
- Ability to meet performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, cost)
- Ability to communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Essential Skills – General
- Raises the Bar – We need top performers who raise the bar in our organization. When we hire new candidates, they should already be better than most employees in that role. We will often need to do this by being scrappy and challenging the status quo.
- Bias for Action – must have bias for action and be able to convert thought into execution quickly.
- People Centric – value people and their time. Demonstrate empathy and respect.
- Adaptive – Adapts to change, even when they may not be in favor of it. Someone who is collaborative and willing to take on new assignments and roles to benefit the business.
- Develops Others – Serves as a multiplier. Makes others around them better by helping them highlight their strengths and work on their weaknesses. Can serve as a mentor to more junior leaders and employees and develop them for roles of greater responsibility.
- Innovates – Find creative ways to simplify and look at our operation through a new lens. Not caught up on old ways of doing things. Has the ability to adapt and creatively work through problems and solutions that may not be their own.
- Thinks like an Owner – Willing to take risks, own outcomes, and learn from them. Humble and prioritizes the needs of the business over their own.
- Reasons from First Principles – Able to identify root causes and use data to drive decisions and change.
- Resourceful – Practices frugality. Is a scrappy leader who can do more with less.
- Curious – Seek to understand and show empathy. Have an insatiable thirst for learning and knowledge.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, etc); other technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation $86,400 – $129,600 is based on a variety of factors including but not limited to work experience, skills, certifications, etc.
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program