- Full Time
The Quality Engineering Technician will ensure that all
material both in-process and incoming, meets Tesla’s quality requirements and
specifications. This person will be responsible to identifying
quality issues within the manufacturing environment, leading investigations,
and root cause analysis, collecting relevant process and product data, and
managing non-conforming material. This person will work closely with
production and engineering teams to maintain rapid response and to drive
continuous improvements to the production process.
- Level 3 Quality Technician or
- Experience on Model 3 Drive Unit,
Battery Module, or Pack lines.
- Experience with quality systems in
a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in QS-9000, ISO/TS
16949, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
practices, 5S, TPS, TQM, etc. highly desired.
- Strong aptitude with electronic
test and measurement systems.
- Proficiency at reading and
interpreting mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of GD&T engineering
- Ability to lift and sort parts.
- Ability to effectively communicate
common issues and defects to leadership and management assisting with
- Ability to work in a dynamic,
fast-paced environment providing line leadership and guidance.
- Detail oriented with strong
record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Ability to pull and manipulate
data in SQL, basic statistical knowledge (capability, t-tests, etc.)
- Ability to use technology tools
and business system applications to manage, synthesize, and interpret data.
- Ability to operate relevant
personal computing hardware and standard software.