As a Quality Engineer Whole Vehicle Analysis you´ll work in a field that is crucial for the company’s success. You perform root cause analyses on all relevant whole vehicle topics and drive improvements relevant for production and customer experience.
- You perform root cause analyses on all relevant whole vehicle topics (e.g. gap & flush, noise and vibrations, water intrusion, electrical issues) in series and pre-series phase
- You develop, validate and drive corrective actions (short- and long-term)
- You track status, report analysis outcome and progress for critical issues at management level
- You develop required quality process & measurement strategies with all affected parties to control all critical vehicle interfaces
- You closely collaborate with local supplier quality engineers to ensure supplier parts meet their specifications, e.g. by. working with the car cubing, analyzing fixture concepts or analyzing incoming quality data
- You liaise between the local team and US and China engineering, quality and manufacturing counterparts, ensuring best practices and improving global standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, or related technical field (Master’s degree in supporting field is preferred)
- Several years of automotive or complex product quality or analysis experience
- Fundamental understanding of production operations, manufacturability, process design, process validation, and assembly methods
- Experience with root cause analysis, ability to statistically analyze measurement data in order to understand the problem, recommend mitigation and solution actions.
- Experience with tools such as Catia or similar CAD systems, VisVSA or 3DCS analysis, Root Cause Analysis and Design for Six sigma preferred
- Ability to define gauging and checking fixture design strategies
- Strong motivation and initiative, flexibility and ability to work in multi-cultural, cross-functional teams
- Good knowledge of English, basic knowledge of German preferred