In this position you will work as a member of Tesla’s Quality Team. The primary objective of this role is to support the production of high quality vehicles through the continual improvement of process and product quality and the systems that surround them. The successful candidate for this position must be a problem-solver at his/her core, have a strong quality & customer-focused mindset, and have the personal drive and stamina for relentless, continual improvement (personally and professionally).
- A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, etc) or other technical discipline.
- Experienced in QS-9000, ISO/TS 16949, APQP, PPAP, DFMEA, PFMEA required.
- Specific training and demonstrated success in applying quality problem solving methods such as fishbone diagrams, FMEA, process capability analysis, hypothesis testing, DoE, SPC, etc.
- Experience with various reliability test techniques including HALT and HASS testing.
- Experience with broad variety of measurement and inspection techniques.
- Must be very comfortable with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (5% to 10%)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships throughout the Tesla organization.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals
- Maintain top level professional integrity
- People Management
- Must have the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Customer focused
- Ability to work independently
- Strong quality mindset
- Highly adaptable
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with external and internal teams at all levels across the company.