The Quality Engineer,
Body in White / Bodyshop will be responsible for providing on time support to
our internal or external customers on Quality Improvement opportunities. The
role will monitor our manufacturing processes, quality data systems, first pass
yield, scrap and continuous improvement opportunities in order to implement the
best practices in our operation on a daily basis with main focus on geometric
dimensioning and tolerancing. Focus areas could be surface & appearance,
joining technologies or dimensional validation.
· Establish and ensure conformance to engineering
standards, product specifications, and highest internal and external customer
· Prevent customer satisfaction and durability issues by
coordinating Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA’s), product design
specifications and tolerances reviews, past problem history, and supplier
· Provide dimensional or surface or joining technology expertise
to support improvement projects (first pass yield, cycle time) & actively
monitor dimensional & appearance accuracy of BIW.
· Develop and release product/process control plans,
inspection standards, quality and testing plans and instructions, visual work
instructions, technical specifications, and various manufacturing validations.
· Contain defective products through ownership of
problem definition (8D’s), Root Cause Analysis (RCA’s), dispositions review,
tracking of resolution effectiveness, and Containment coordination.
· Detect non-conformances and process variations through
use and standardization of SPC systems, Change Control management, and both
Internal auditing and Layered Process auditing.
· Lead cross-functional problem-solving teams to drive
process and product improvements; use of QA methodologies to manage and
facilitate issue resolution including root cause investigations and the
development, implementation and monitoring of effective corrective and
· Track and improve performance to internal and external
quality performance metrics, yield, process capability and cost of bodies in
· Solve complex quality issues by utilizing advanced
· Improve incoming material quality through effective
· Lead internal auditing processes for quality assurance
· Lead product containment activities and arrange for
· Bachelor of Science degree in manufacturing or mechanical
engineering or other engineering discipline from and accredited university or
· Must have a minimum 3 years of experience in product
manufacturing engineering, quality and/or testing.
· Must have knowledge of body shop or stamping shop with
further insights of surface/appearance, joining technology and/or geometric dimensioning
· Knowledge of quality problem solving methods
including, but not limited to, fishbone diagrams, FMEA, process capability
analysis, hypothesis testing, DoE, SPC, Lean manufacturing, Six
Sigma. Additionally, evidence of the application of these methods to
solve complex problems in a manufacturing environment
· Experience in training operators and inspector in
engineering and quality requirements.
· Experienced in QS-9000, ISO/TS 16949, APQP, PPAP,
DFMEA, PFMEA required
· Detail oriented, effectively handle multiple
priorities, have a strong quality mindset, have the ability to meet tight
deadlines, and enjoy working in a team environment.
· Minitab, JMP, or other statistical software
capabilities are preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across
all business functions of both internal Manufacturing and Supplier relations.
· Ability to multitask effectively within a team
environment in managing priorities.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily
· Must be dependable and reliable.
· Highly organized and confident with an ability to
manage projects within set deadlines.