Project Advisor, Resi Energy
Through engaging and informational interactions with our customers, the Project Advisor performs a pivotal role in ushering projects from order to installation and system activation. The primary function of this role is to be responsive to customer questions and concerns by leveraging superior people skills across multiple forms of communication to facilitate project progression.
In providing resolution to customer concerns, Project Advisors work cross-functionally with other internal teams to ensure a timely installation and incredible customer experience. The Project Advisor must be a subject matter expert in the entire suite of Tesla Energy products and fully understand the complete job life cycle as they proactively provide updates and set correct customer expectations.
The ideal candidate brings high energy, a desire to learn and master new technologies and an optimistic approach to every customer interaction.
- Respond to high volume of customer communications leveraging multiple platforms including Phone, SMS, Email and Live Chat. Do so quickly and accurately to resolve issues and push projects to installation and other critical milestones.
- Provide customers and internal teams with necessary project updates, setting correct expectations to maximize customer experience and achieve business goals.
- Manage personal calendar to ensure all follow-up commitments are met.
- Address any potential problems on customer accounts by utilizing critical-thinking skills to drive timely resolutions.
- Utilize effective time management to assess daily workload and subsequently prioritize tasks, maximizing impact on required worklist.
- Interface with internal energy departments to ensure accurate and timely action to customer requests.
- Ensure an incredible customer experience even when obstacles present themselves, including those outside one’s direct control.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a fast-paced customer facing role.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, resourceful and able to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Self-motivated and passionate with ability to work effectively in a highly automated and collaborative environment.
- Maintain high level of organization while managing high volume pipeline of customer projects, considering future implications of immediate actions for acceleration of project completion.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to explain complex technical concepts.
- Proven track record to meet or exceed targets and goals.
- Ability to function autonomously, working independent of a support staff, in a fast-paced environment
- Must take initiative, not accepting the status-quo to resolve customer issues.
- Be resourceful; identify and utilize all available options to achieve company targets.
- Understand how decisions in one area impact other departments and operational goals.
- Be solution-oriented, approaching challenges or delays with optimism and creative ideas for resolution.
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, internet navigation, and customer relationship management).
- Must be comfortable with and eager to learn about complex technologies and business processes.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the energy industry and Tesla.
- Be a good person, team member, and colleague. Represent Tesla with pride and integrity.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Home Improvement Salesperson license through the California Contractors State Licensing Board (CSLB).
Along with competitive pay, this position is eligible for benefits including:
- As a full-time Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your eligible dependents
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans (including infertility and transgender coverage)
- 2 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Medical Plan with HSA
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k) match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Sick and Vacation time (Flex Time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
- Voluntary plans such as critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, and pet insurance
- Voluntary Identity Theft and Legal Services plans
- Adoption and surrogacy benefits