The Project Engineer, NPI is responsible for supporting the development of new processes and carrying out each trial exactly to the established product specification. This includes managing the program from early prototype builds through to the launch of the production line.
The primary role of the Project Engineer will be to test and validate systems and parts involved in product development and manufacturing to ensure products are of the highest quality. To support this, the Project Engineer will also establish validation standards, develop testing protocols, prepare equipment, document test results, and maintain records. The Project Engineer will identify, report, and adjust equipment or processes that require improvement.
The Project Engineer will collaborate with safety, design, product excellence, change control, manufacturing, and service departments.
· 1+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
· Experience with semi-automated manufacturing equipment is a plus
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent working
· Understanding of manufacturability, process design, process validation, and assembly methods.
· Experience breaking down high-level (e.g. device level) performance issues into addressable action
· Skillful with electrical and computer-based tools, including precision measuring equipment,
· electrical test equipment, and computer databases
· Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, and policies related to specialized projects
· Proven ability to operate under pressure with rigid time constraints
· Can track and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, occasionally requiring extended hours
· Can work closely with cross-functional departments
· Have an aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies
· Ability to identify issues and make corrective measures to resolve
· Excellent written and verbal skills; Ability to communicate across cultures and geographic regions