- Full Time
The Tesla Internal Audit Team’s mission is to protect the company by calling attention to critical risks and driving management action to address those risks. Internal projects are driven by two guiding principles – Keep Tesla Safe and Enable Operational Excellence. The Team achieves its objective by collaborating with functional and business/product groups to identify areas of risk, making valuable recommendations on process and control improvements, cost reduction, and operational excellence.
The Team is working in close collaboration with functional and business/product work groups to identify areas of risk, making valuable recommendations on process and control standardization, and influencing the decision-making process to drive change.
- Comprehensive understanding of planning, scheduling, estimating, and cost management processes and procedures for various types of infrastructure and facilities
- Comprehensive understanding of construction delivery methods, procurement, contracting, and management processes
- Comprehensive understanding of contract types, incentivization strategies, labor rate and cost buildup techniques, and equipment pricing
- Comprehensive understanding of regional contracting, regulatory and compliance requirement
- Knowledge of field construction, materials and methods, industry standards and best practices
- Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills for use in analysis, reporting, and data management
- Knowledge of CPM scheduling in Oracle Primavera P6
- Knowledge of earned value concepts
- Intensely curious, solution-oriented individual who wants to know the what, where, when, how, and (most importantly) why processes work the way they do
- Works independently, collaboratively on a team, and with various stakeholders including outsourced audit teams located in different locations
- Translates learnings and experience into solutions that are practical and scalable to meet the needs of a rapidly growing, dynamic organization
- Communicates extremely well in verbal and written forms with stakeholders, the Internal Audit team, and external parties
- Travel and support audits in a growing international environment.
- Proven ability to reason logically and draw well-reasoned conclusions
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, accepting ownership and accountability of the process and delivering on commitments.
- Lead ability to take charge, coach, interact with all levels of the organization, set objectives, and drive results
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, construction management, engineering, or a related field
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- 10+ years of experience in construction management, procurement/contracts, internal audit, accounting, finance, process consulting, or a blend of related experience in manufacturing, industrial and high-tech industries
- CPA, CA, CIA, CCA, CCP, PMP, or other relevant certifications
- Experience working within multi-language, multi-cultural project environments
- Experience communicating with construction, procurement, finance, and operational management at all level of the organization