- Cells are the common denominator for every Tesla product. In the Abuse Testing & Engineering group, we push battery systems to their limits and beyond using specialized equipment to apply electrical, mechanical, and thermal stresses. Our goal is to provide rapid feedback to inform designs early in development, by understanding how robust systems perform under abusive conditions. We accommodate external regulations but have a strong focus on internal requirements and testing to failure. Every Tesla battery product comes through our lab, from vehicles to energy storage and more. Our environment is fast-paced and incredibly exciting.
We are looking for a program manager to drive our interactions with all battery programs from early development to final design validation. Our designs and schedules push the limits of physical possibility, which will require a high-bandwidth and effective communicator to align the test team’s efforts with the design team’s needs. You are expected to operate with a high degree of autonomy on your programs. You will need to leverage your technical background to assess the requirements, test methodology, and product risk to accelerate development.
- B.S. in engineering / science discipline, or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong capabilities in visualization of schedules and program risks
- Understanding of engineering validation methods
- Ability to find creative resolutions to technical and cross-functional challenges
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Battery experience a plus