- Full Time
Production Supervisor is the front-line leader of our Production Team.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for clearly communicating the Safety, People, Quality, Rate and Cost goals and expectations of the department to the team, coach & mentor the production associates, motivate the team to reach higher and solve problems to achieve the business objectives. The ideal candidate will not accept status quo and constantly look for ways to eliminate waste and drive continuous improvement of processes and procedures. He/she must have a strong background in manufacturing with the ability to work cross functionally with engineering, quality, maintenance and management on a wide variety of issues and corrective actions identified. Strong interpersonal, communication, problem solving skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla.
The successful candidate for this position is hands-on, a dynamic people leader who embraces change, passionate about manufacturing, has strong analytical abilities, organization skills, attention to detail and decision-making ability in an ambiguous environment. He/she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded
- 3+ years of experience managing teams of people in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Ability to work and develop production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, and costs)
- Able to work well under pressure; managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team settings while communicating clearly; interfacing with executives and leaders on a daily basis
- Preferred – Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Preferred – experience working in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of high-volume production systems and processes to develop performance metrics