- Full Time
Production Supervisor is the front-line leader of the Castings Production Team.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for clearly communicating the Safety, People, Quality, Rate and Cost goals and expectations of the department to the team, coach & mentor the production associates, motivate the team to reach higher and solve problems to achieve the business objectives. The ideal candidate will not accept status quo and constantly look for ways to eliminate waste and drive continuous improvement of processes and procedures. He/she must have a strong background in manufacturing with the ability to work cross functionally with engineering, quality, maintenance and management on a wide variety of issues and corrective actions identified. Strong interpersonal, communication, problem solving skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla.
The successful candidate for this position is hands-on, a dynamic people leader who embraces change, passionate about manufacturing, has strong analytical abilities, organization skills, attention to detail and decision-making ability in an ambiguous environment. He/she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 2-3 years of Leadership experience in a manufacturing setting
- 2 years of experience in High Pressure Die Casting preferred
- Supervised 15+ employees
- Ability to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality/quantity.
- Able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities, establish and achieve goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekday and weekend overtime, day/night shift.
- Excellent computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office a must.
- Able to create and execute production plans.
- Decision making and trouble shooting skills, and ability to work under pressure