- Full Time
The Production Supervisor is a member of the Manufacturing Production Team. He/she will lead the development, implementation and application of Tesla’s Production System. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in the implementation and application of production systems in a manufacturing environment. He/she must have a broad background with the ability to work with engineering, production associates, quality, and suppliers across a wide variety of issues/ corrective actions identified in production and field performance. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla and outside.
The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
· 3+ years of experience and thorough knowledge of high volume production systems and processes
· 3+ years of experience managing teams of people in a production environment
· Experience in new product development and launch activities
· Experience with broad variety of measurement and inspection techniques.
· Ability to work with and develop production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs)
· Strong analytic problem solving skills
· Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
· Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
· Experience in hiring and developing new team members in a production environment.
· Work efficiently and productively in independent and team settings
· Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
· Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
· Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
· Preferred experience working in a Metal Stamping environment
· Internal TESLA applicants must be at least a lead or higher within their organization