The Production Manager is responsible for leading the production team to achieve the safety, quality, delivery & cost goals and objectives of the organization. The Production Manager is responsible for achieving the production build plan, coaching the team to solve problems, and drive continuous improvement to achieve operational excellence. The Production Manager provides hands-on support, leadership, and direction to the production teams on all operational issues.
- Take a KPI or metric driven approach to achieve the organizational goals and objectives.
- Achieve the weekly and monthly build plans by attacking bottlenecks and addressing availability, yield and efficiency issues cross functionally.
- Strategy planning and execution for achieving the short- and long-term goals of the organization.
- Hire, coach, lead and develop Associate Managers, Supervisors and Leads.
- Coach the team on root cause analysis, problem solving and first principle thinking.
- Maintain a culture of adherence to standardized work and compliance to documented processes and procedures to ensure safe practices and building products to quality spec are sustained.
- Coach the team on lean manufacturing and drive continuous improvement relentlessly.
- Work cross functionally to implement process changes, new product introductions, improvement projects and corrective actions expeditiously.
- Be entrepreneurial and make quick decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Build a high performing team, set clear expectations and manage their performance effectively.
- Have a good technical understanding of processes, equipment, bottlenecks and line balancing to work with Engineering and Maintenance to address issues and improve processes.
- Work with HR and the production leaders to improve the morale of the team and create an environment in which associates want to come to work and perform at the highest level.
- 7-10 years of leadership and manufacturing experience.
- BS/MS in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Chemical engineering, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- The ideal candidate is analytical, detail-oriented, self-driven, critical thinker and able to pro-actively communicate with all employees and works well in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment.
- Experience with process improvement methodologies to improve efficiency, increase yield and availability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Committed to continuous improvement.
- Well organized.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with diligent follow through.
- Hands-on experience implementing lean methodologies and practices.
- Ability to use structured problem solving methods and techniques to successfully resolve production problems.
- Ability to foster a close working relationship with team members, management and cross functional groups.
- High-level leadership and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of urgency and drive to succeed.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Currently (or previously) an Associate Manager or higher for Tesla to be considered.