- Full Time
Tesla’s Battery Materials Engineering group is looking for a highly motivated individual to be the Production Manager and Plant Commissioning and Startup (CSU) lead for a novel battery chemical plant near Corpus Christi, TX. You, as the CSU Lead, will interface with organizations across Tesla, Engineering, Process Design, Quality, Supply Chain, Production Planning, and the Executive team. Working closely with the process design teams you will drive the development of the Commissioning and Startup plan and lead associated activities.
- Evidence of exceptional ability, including a strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and demonstrated ability to leverage this understanding to solve challenging technical problems.
- 5+ years in a chemical manufacturing environment, in a mix of engineering and production leadership roles. Experience working on the development of chemical processing, or hydrometallurgical systems is a plus.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate cross-functionally, including interfacing with project, engineering and maintenance/reliability functions.
- Proven ability to operate under pressure while managing multiple priorities simultaneously. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, occasionally requiring extended hours.
- Aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies.
- Ability to identify issues and develop corrective measures to resolve.
- Proven capacity to effectively lead cross-functional teams in achieving excellent results