- Full Time
Tesla’s Cell Materials Engineering group is looking for a highly motivated individual to be a Production Engineer lead for a novel battery chemical plant near Corpus Christi, TX. You, as a Production Engineer, will be initially focused on developing and deploying Commissioning and Startup procedures for the facility in close collaboration with Process Design and Construction teams. The position will transition to a run-plant engineer role after successful startup of the facility.
- Evidence of exceptional ability, including a strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and demonstrated ability to leverage this understanding to solve challenging technical problems.
- 3+ years in a chemical manufacturing environment. Experience working on the development of chemical processing, solids handling or hydrometallurgical systems is a plus.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate cross-functionally, including interfacing with project, engineering, and maintenance/reliability functions.
- Proven ability to operate under pressure while managing multiple priorities simultaneously. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, occasionally requiring extended hours.
- Aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies.
- Ability to identify issues and develop corrective measures to resolve.
- Proven capacity to effectively work with cross-functional teams in achieving excellent results