The availability of comfortable charging solutions is critical to the adoption of electric vehicles. Tesla has taken a lead role in building a true pan-European network with the coverage and capacity that truly offers freedom of travel at an ever-growing rate.
It is extremely important to us and our mission that charging is convenient, abundant, and reliable for all owners, current and future. To provide customers a seamless experience we’re constantly growing the Tesla charging network and expanding existing sites. We are also broadening our charging locations at highway locations, destinations, at home and at workplaces. Tesla provides a seamless, consistent charging experience across Europe, from the North Cape to Portugal, and from Ireland to Croatia.
The Construction Procurement team is looking to hire a skilled professional to support the EMEA Supercharging team and execute the sourcing strategy for electrical and civil works across the whole region. You will assist, support, and help the regional deployment teams select civil and electrical contractors and other vendors required for the expansion of Tesla’s supercharging network. This role requires flexibility and the ability to adapt to the evolving needs of projects and the organization.
- Execute the Supercharger Infrastructure Sourcing strategy
- Develop strong stakeholder support and cooperation on assigned commodities.
- Pre-qualify suppliers/contractors by assessing their financial credibility, insurance policies and past project experience for efficient execution of Tesla’s scope of work.
- Synthesize supplier, industry, and market research for assigned commodities to develop sourcing strategy
- Issue RFx (RFQ, RFB, and RFP) for sourcing assigned commodities/services.
- Participate, coordinate and lead bidder’s conferences and job walks.
- Administer, facilitate, and answer requests for information (RFI’s) received during the tender process by issuing RFP addendums.
- Implementing regional/country agreements, as necessary, to mitigate Tesla’s exposure to risk and consolidate suppliers spend.
- Review, analyze and clarify bid packages received from suppliers and service providers.
- Make and present recommendations to award after performing a detailed bid analysis ensuring identical scope inclusion for all bids.
- Conduct bid leveling sessions with contractors.
- Review change order proposals and make approval or rejection recommendations.
- Actively participate in contract negotiations
- Support commodity business planning and savings.
- Analyze historical spend, as well as forecast, spend and savings by project/commodity/business.
- Maintain day-to-day supplier relationships and act as the lead point of contact for all commercial issues.
- Identify and support with negotiations of commercial cost reduction opportunities.
- Monitor and ensure that the commodities/services purchased are compliant with Tesla’s global procurement policy.
- Coordinate purchase orders.
- Highly organized, able to project manage multiple projects in various phases simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail skills and ability to multitask.
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills.
- 2-4 years of experience in supply chain/procurement/purchasing roles.
- Experience in the business field related to high level of interactions with third parties’ contractors and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement.
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve.
- Self-motivated and outspoken about what is needed to get a job done
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders
- Fluent in English.
- Proficient in one or more of the following languages: Swedish, Norwegian, Danish
- Experience related to electrical equipment and installations is a big plus.
- Experience related to engineering or construction management in previous employment is a big plus.
- Experience or strong interest in construction-related purchasing, construction management, engineering.
- Experience with general contractors, electrical contractors, civil contractors, and construction drawings is a big plus.
The ideal candidate comes with strong personal drive, commercial acumen, curiosity, and creativity to drive business forward. You’re a natural people person – someone who can influence cross-functional project teams, deliver through, and motivate internal and external stakeholders. You have high standards; you possess self-belief to work through ambiguity and a fast-paced dynamic environment with multiple and changing priorities. Your prior work experiences have set you up to be autonomous and hit the ground running.